Solway values its partnership with the community and encourages open communication between parents, staff and students through:
- A weekly eNewsletter containing “Assembly News”, “Diary Dates” and other important information about school activities and events
- Sentral Online Parent Portal where parent notices, information booklets and term newsletters for each Year level are published
- Sentral Parent Instant Messaging - for day to day communication
- Parent-Student-Teacher 3-Way Conferences and Student Led Conferences are arranged periodically
- Parent-Teacher Meetings – these are available on request
- Information Evenings arranged early in the school year where the Year Level Teams and class teachers will outline the expectations and requirements for the year
- Student Reports – two written reports are provided, the first in mid-year and the second in December.
- Student Digital Portfolios inform parents about student progress and stimulate discussion and reflection on student learning.
- Active Class Parent Representatives program
- Student Representative Council
- Regular parent morning tea forums with the Principal team