Solway Primary School have an Environment Team which have a passion and drive for Sustainability. The team is made up of our Year 6 leaders as well as classroom monitors within all year levels.
Our Environment Team set yearly goals within 5 key areas including Biodiversity, Energy, Waste, Water and Curriculum.
Some achievements of our 2018 Environment Team include:
- Raised money for new water tank in the Kitchen Garden
- Reduced the amount of waste in classrooms
- Developed and grow a range of vegetables and herbs in the Kitchen Garden
- Various audits within the school
- Presented at our 10 Years of Sustainability celebration
- Mentored schools on their sustainability journeys
- Developed of a range of signage and displays for classrooms
- Kids Teaching Kids - Taught sustainability principles to students within the school
- Added wildlife to various areas of the school such as the Indigenous Garden
- Created newsletter articles to keep families up to date with sustainability events and dates